CALL TO ACTION! Public Education initiative
The APA Education Committee invites you to learn more about the Great Schools, Thriving Communities (GSTC) campaign. The purpose of this campaign is to put ballot initiative #93 on the November 2018 ballot.
What is ballot initiative #93? Ballot initiative #93 would build on the successes of Colorado’s public schools by:
- Expanding educational opportunities for our students to prepare them for success in college, career and life
- Preparing a qualified workforce for decades to come
- Ensuring that Colorado’s economic prosperity is shared with every community from corner-to-corner
We will achieve this by:
- Creating a Quality Public Education Fund financed through higher taxes on higher incomes above $150,000 and on "C" Corporations
- Providing sustainable support for schools by stabilizing property taxes
- Adressing the most pressing needs of our local schools
- Ensuring that decisions about how to use new funds are made at the local level
What is the action step? We need to get initiative #93 on the ballot! To do this, we are required to collect a minimum of 2% of total eligible voters for each senate district. In Jeffco, we have 4 senate districts: SD 16, SD 19, SD 20, and SD 22. We need your signature! If you are out and about and see an opportunity to contribute to this petition, please consider it! The APA Education Committee will also have a petition available for you to sign at the upcoming APA meetings. We only have until mid-July to collect enough signatures. We can do it!
On this site, you can read up about the campaign, see who has endorsed the campaign, have your questions answered, volunteer for the campaign, and even download a petition to start collecting signatures!