How To Best Help Georgia (by supporting local organizations)
- Now: Georgians can request absentee ballots for ANY of these elections:
- Dec. 1: Runoffs for statewide seats (tentatively: Public Service Commission 4, State Senate 39, DA of Clarke/Oconee) + US House GA-5
- Dec 7: Voter registration deadline for U.S. Senate election.
- Dec 14: Early voting begins (details forthcoming).
- Jan. 5: Runoffs for U.S. Senate.
* Rev. Raphael Warnock for U.S. Senate: https://warnockforgeorgia.com
* Daniel Blackman for Public Service Commission, District 4: https://danielforgeorgia.com
* Deborah Gonzalez for District Attorney, Western Judicial Circuit (Clarke/Oconee counties): https://deborahforda.com
* 159 Georgia Together: Our all-volunteer C4 group has a very diverse board and focuses on researching and sharing progressive volunteer opportunities across Georgia. Donations (100% used to boost Facebook posts like this):
* ACLU of Georgia: Dedicated to preserving the civil liberties enshrined in the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights: www.acluga.org
* Asian American Advocacy Fund: Grassroots 501(c)4 social welfare organization dedicated to building a politically-conscious, engaged, and progressive Asian American base in Georgia: www.asianamericanadvocacyfund.
* Asian Americans Advancing Justice-Atlanta: First and only nonprofit legal advocacy organization dedicated to protecting the civil rights of Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders in Georgia and the Southeast: www.advancingjustice-atlanta.
* Atlanta Area Voter Registration Events: Women-led volunteer group focused on canvassing and lit drops to register new voters at metro apartment complexes and help voters request absentee ballots for the runoffs: https://bit.ly/38u3UMB
* Black Male Voter Project: Builds a movement that encourages black men to regularly and actively engage in the voting and electoral process: https://blackmalevoterproject.
* Black Voters Matter Fund: Increases power in marginalized, predominantly Black communities: https://blackvotersmatterfund.
* Democratic Party of Georgia: www.georgiademocrat.org
* Democratic Party County Committees ( www.georgiademocrat.org/
- Camden: www.democratsofcamdencountyga.
- Chatham: www.ccdcgeorgia.com
- Clayton: www.facebook.com/
- Cobb: www.cobbdemocrats.org
- DeKalb: https://dekalbdems.com
- Dougherty: www.facebook.com/
- Fulton: https://fultondems.org
- Gwinnett: www.gwinnettdemocrats.com
- Glynn: www.glynndems.org
- Richmond: www.augustademocrats.net
* Common Cause Georgia: Non-partisan advocacy group working to strengthen public participation in democracy and ensure public officials/institutions are accountable/responsive to citizens: www.commoncause.org/georgia
* Fair Fight Action: Founded by Leader Stacey Abrams; promotes fair elections in Georgia and around the country, encourages voter participation in elections, and educates voters about elections and their voting rights: https://fairfight.com. Please also consider volunteering Nov. 14-15 for their Georgia phone and text bank: www.mobilize.us/
* Georgia Association of Latino Elected Ofﬁcials (GALEO): Committed to greater civic engagement and leadership development of the Latino community across Georgia: https://galeo.org
* Georgia Coalition for the People’s Agenda: BIPOC-led; committed to voter registration, education, and mobilization:
* Georgia Muslim Voter Project: Activates Muslim voters to elevate their voices: www.gamvp.org
* Georgia Postcard Project: Women-led grassroots project managing folks in Georgia/around the country who write/send hundreds of thousands of postcards to Georgia voters and/or donate money for stamps: www.gapostcard.org
* NAACP Georgia: Volunteer signup: https://bit.ly/35ap7ZU
* New Georgia Project: A nonpartisan effort to register/engage Georgians, especially people of color, younger people, and unmarried women: https://newgeorgiaproject.org
* Political Rascals: Diverse group that supports progressive policies and candidates in Savannah, Georgia and the Southeast: www.politicalrascals.com
* Women Engaged: Supports the power-building of Black women and young adults and includes a focus on voter registration and get out the vote: www.womenengaged.org
* Young Democrats of Georgia: www.facebook.com/georgiaYDs