Political Action Team
The Political Action Team exists to monitor local and statewide political decisions and candidates that affect the residents of Colorado. The team seeks to educate local, state, and federal officeholders about progressive issues and inform the populace about where politicians stand on issues and how they can effect change.
Over the past few years the Political Action Team has:
- Developed specific questions for candidates running for various offices, both local and statewide.
- Conducted three sets of questionnaires to candidates running for office in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, and posted responses for the public to read.
- Developed an endorsement policy and endorsed three candidates in 2018 and city council races in 2019.
- Held candidate forums in 2018, 2019, and 2022 and co-sponsored one in 2020 between Hickenlooper and Romanoff
- Written countless postcards for candidates, knocked on hundreds of doors, texted thousands of phone numbers, and maintained a high level of interest in involvement in the political process.
Candidate Survey Responses for 2023
APA conducted a survey of local Colorado candidates running in the 2023 election. These are the detailed responses to our questionnaire from 2023 candidates. Please note that all declared candidates, regardless of party, were contacted. We are posting responses received.
- Lauren Simpson – Candidate for Mayor of Arvada
- Sharon Davis – Candidate for Arvada City Council, At-Large
- Shawna Ambrose – Candidate for Arvada City Council, District 2
- Mike Griffith – Candidate for Arvada City Council, District 2
- Bob Fifer – Candidate for Arvada City Council, District 4
Jeffco School Board Candidates
- Joel Newton – Candidate for Jeffco School Board District 4
- Erin Kenworthy – Candidate for Jeffco School Board District 4
- Michelle Applegate – Candidate for Jeffco School Board District 3
The Arvadans for Progressive Action 2023 endorsements coming soon!