APA’s Healthcare Action Team Reports on the COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout
On Saturday 1/16/21 several members of our Health Care Action Team participated in the Town Hall hosted by our State legislators. The topic was Covid-19 Vaccine Rollout and the guest speaker was Dr. Eric France, Chief Medical Officer for Colorado’s Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE). We learned a lot and want to share some key points with you.
SEE WEBSITES BELOW for DETAILED and UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION ON COVID VACCINATION
- Vaccines are trickling in for those who are eligible, so keep following basic public health guidance, like physical distancing and mask-wearing, until a vaccine is widely available.
- Jefferson County Public Health (JCPH) is focusing its efforts on the highest risk healthcare workers in 1A, as well as the moderate risk healthcare workers and first responders in 1B.
- If you are 70+ (also part of 1B), you can sign up for a vaccine at one of the hospitals or clinics administering to this group. (See Below).
- Walgreens and CVS are administering vaccinations to people in residential care and assisted living facilities.
- Share information you learn with others who don’t have access to technology.
- Monoclonal antibody treatment Is Available for High-Risk People With Mild-Moderate Covid-19 Infection within 10 days of seeing symptoms. (See Below)
- Dr. France agreed that this would be much easier if we had a national database like other countries with universal health care. JOIN our Healthcare Action Team (meeting on the 2nd Fridays of the month), contact Cathy Blake at email@example.com.
MORE INFORMATION SOURCES
Vaccine Rollout Info
Jeffco Covid-19 Alerts
This is a new thing. You can subscribe to this alert and be notified by text or email of the latest news about COVID-19 from Jefferson County, about vaccines, testing sites, changes to Jeffco’s dial status, and more.
Go to: https://www.jeffco.us/list.aspx and scroll down to ‘Alert Center’.
How to sign up for a vaccine
Counties are listed alphabetically – scroll down to Jeffco to see how to sign up for the vaccines.
You can sign up with listed providers regardless of your current healthcare provider. If you register on multiple lists, please cancel your registration/s once you have been vaccinated
Monoclonal antibody treatment Information –
How To Listen to the Town Hall event
Here is Representative Titone’s YouTube link. The presentation by Dr. France begins at 17 minutes.